Monday, October 12, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

For today... October 12th from Alicen's Daybook

Outside my window... are yellow, green, orange, red, beautiful autumn colors.

I am thinking... 3 more weeks!

I am thankful for... God's willingness to entrust such precious children under my care.

I am wearing... black pants, nike white shirt & a black apron.

I am remembering... that it's not about me.

I am going... to start on my handmade greeting cards this week.

I am reading... 1 Samuel with my son. He is quite fascinated with King Saul & King David stories right now.

I am hoping... for better discipline in all areas of my life.

I am creating... new labels for our daily schedule chart.

I am praying... for my husband & his work.

From the learning rooms... Kiddos working on their pattern blocks, cuisenaire rods, and quiet reading.

Noticing that... It's really REALLY easy to over-commit as a homeschool mom.

Pondering these words... Be still, and know that I am God. Ps 46:10

From the Kitchen... Kal-Bi is thawing right now. Oh yea baby, it's Korean BBQ tonight!

Around the house... I'd like to skim down our collection of toys. I hope to talk the kids into giving them away to bless other children.

One of my favorite things... waking up my babies in the morning. Messy hair, morning breaths, warm little bodies & big happy "Mommy!" smiles- soooo yummy & endearing!

A few plans for this week... Winnie the Pooh Play at a local children's theatre! Soccer, ballet, church, and hopefully a trip to the beach or a pumpkin patch.

From my picture journal...

Ezra spending time with the Lord on the way to school (taken by a carpool mom friend from 2 years ago). I must say he continues to teach me a lot about God's love and grace.

2 comments:

Lainie said...

That is an awesome picture. Love that kid.

And yes, you must purpose (almost with a vengeance) to keep things simple. I'll be praying for you in that way and for hubs too.

Give all them beautiful kids kisses and/or high fives from us!

Alicen said...

kisses & high fives right back at ya!